Your unique opportunity to visit the inside of the largest Charterhouse in the world!
Day excursion for men and young men (ladies are not admitted in the monastery, apologies) to West Sussex on Saturday 24 March 2012:
Please kindly let us know if you would like to come along, that we may plan the transportation: any men and boys welcome (we will have CRB checked adults), whether or not they attend Mass in Reading, and wherever they travel from.
- 11am: Sung Mass at West Grinstead recusant Shrine, sung by Fr Simon Leworthy FSSP; confessions heard by Fr Armand de Malleray, FSSP
- 12.30pm: Visit of Secret chapel and veneration of sacred items used by recusant priests, and prayer at Hilaire Belloc’s grave.
- 1pm: packed lunch in Parish Hall.
- 2pm: visit of Parkminster Charterhouse. Ending about 3.30pm. To be confirmed
- Around 4pm: depart to Reading; estimated time of arrival at St William of York in Reading: 6pm.
- From Reading: 9am: departure from St. William of York Catholic Church, Upper Redlands Road, Reading, Berks. RG1 5JT (see map here), located next to St Joseph Convent School. Large free parish car park next to St William Church, where you can safely leave your vehicle until you return.
- Not from Reading? Tell us also if you intend to come and meet us directly at West Grinstead.